"I feel that luck is preparation meeting opportunity."
BAE Systems Completes Acquisition of SilverSky
martinwolf Transaction Analysis
- Enterprise Value: $232.5M
- EV/Revenue: not disclosed
- EV/EBITDA: not disclosed
- British multinational defense company BAE Systems (LSE:BA), a British multinational defense and security company with an enterprise value of $23.5B, announced today that it completed the acquisition of cloud-based cyber security provider SilverSky, formerly known as Perimeter.
- Founded in 1997, SilverSky, which is headquartered in New York and has operations in both the US and the Philippines, currently employs 400 staff and has more than 5,000 customers.
- In 2007, SilverSky became a portfolio company of Stripes Group, a growth equity firm focused on Internet and Digital Media initiatives.
IT Security Just Getting Hotter
- Data Security A Core Concern: News stories about data breaches at major corporations like Sony and Target have been a key fixture over the last year, putting a very public face and price tag on the issue of data security. Fittingly, we’ve seen elevated interest in IT firms equipped to respond to this growing threat and the year has been marked by several major transactions in the IT Security sector.
- The Latest in a Long Line: Recent notable transactions in the IT Security Space include Blackstone’s acquisition of Accuvant in February and subsequent merger with FishNet Security in September, as well as Frontier Capital’s $14 million investment in BEW Global. We expect continued consolidation as high-profile security services become an equivalent concern to companies’ storage and overall infrastructure needs.
- An Expanding Universe of Buyers and Sellers: BAE Systems, a global defense company with a specialization in Aerospace and Electronics, is a non-traditional buyer for a managed services asset. But with SilverSky’s strong growth and in-demand offerings, it had its pick of a seller’s market.
For more information, view the press release by clicking here. martinwolf was not the advisor in this transaction.