"Without big data analytics, companies are blind and deaf, wandering out onto the web like deer on a freeway."
Accenture to Acquire Oracle Platinum Partner Enkitec
martinwolf Transaction Analysis
Financial Information Not Disclosed
- Accenture (NYSE:ACN), a leading global management consulting and IT services company, announced today that it was acquiring Enkitec, a leading Oracle Exadata integrator and Platinum Partner.
- The announcement, which did not disclose any financial information, stated that Enkitec’s employees will join Accenture’s Oracle team as a separate unit.
- Enkitec, founded in 2004, most recently acquired Oracle Application Express (APEX) provider Sumneva in 2012.
In the Right Place at the Right Time
- Niche Appeal: This deal shows the value of specialized Oracle partners that stay current with the new trends in the market. Enkitec has fewer than 100 employees compared to Accenture’s more than 50,000 employees focused on Oracle alone – but their unique skill set made them a valuable asset.
- Mutual Benefits: Enkitec will be kept as a separate unit, bringing with it unique assets such as its Engineered Systems Lab and highly skilled team. Paired with Accenture’s resources and support, Enkitec will be able to win bigger projects and expand its support capabilities to better serve Accenture’s broad client base.
- Continued Investment in Analytics: The acquisition further strengthen’s Accenture’s analytics and database tools offerings, particularly through the acquisition of team members experienced with Oracle Exadata and APEX offerings. This acquisition comes on the same day Accenture announced the completion of its acquisition of i4C Analytics, an analytics software platform provider based in Italy.
For more information, click here for the press release. martinwolf was not the advisor in this transaction.